For your BOOTY

Ra-Ra-Ra-Really?

 How could this be?

I have been in working on a regular office chair for 17 years plus and all that has done for me is made my butt flat and my body hurt! 

Could I have found another chair sooner than just now? Yeah, probably but, let’s be real here… I didn’t have time for it until push came to shove and I was ready to quit what I love doing most…..NAILS!

 Umm, No that wasn’t an option

 I had bills to pay and I was sick of working hard in the gym to get my booty where it used to be. So, Naja recommended that I try an Exercise ball.





Say what? The idea was appealing, but, I was a little concerned that I was going to bite the dust a few times on the ball. After practicing a few times before my guests arrived, I thought that I could handle it. Working at a fast and steady pace all day I knew that I was gonna get slowed down a little…and I was right, my speed Mojo had left the building.

When a few days passed I got back up to speed. The hardest transition was that I didn’t have any wheels to push me around my area like when I was on a chair. So, I knew that I would have to be “extra” careful getting on and off the ball.

>>>>>>>>Oh also, a note to all the women nail professionals.<<<<<<<<<< 
“Do not think about, or try just because I told you not to, attempting to 
wear a dress or a skirt while sitting on the ball!!!” 
Trust me; your panties will thank you!

Do you know that your abs will also thank you too? It was either go big or go home with this ball. In order to sit on the ball, you have to engage your core muscles. I mean ALL of them!! Otherwise, game over…you’re on the floor. Now don’t be scared…it’s a good thing because as challenging as it was to change my body position after almost two decades I knew that this was helping me because, I didn’t have pain in my lower back, upper back, neck and shoulders.



 Too be entirely honest, I felt pretty darn good!!
 A few pieces of advice, this is just what worked for me:

1. Try a 75 cm exercise ball, even though I’m short I chose the large one for the height of my nail station. (I got mine at Target)

2.  Encourage someone else to blow it up for you. ( I asked our receptionist, her arms were very tired the next day LOL)

3.  Sit with your legs open like a “V” this will help you with your balance at first.

4.  Try sitting on the ball with different heights of shoes (If I wear flats I’m almost too short for the ball and my knees hurt because I’m grasping the ball)




 Finally, remember that if this is the career that you were born to do,
  you MUST take care of your body! 

Correct posture is a necessity if you want a long and lucrative business in the nail industry. I wish I would have tried new things when I was starting out, but we didn’t have this type of networking when I was a beginner. And to be quite honest my body didn’t hurt so badly when I was young and untouchable.

Go out and try an exercise ball if your body is mad at you for sitting all day! Plus, your booty and abs will thank you!
Melissa Guyer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VBP BLOG MASTER CALL TO ACTION: COMMENT BELOW!  HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A EXERCISE BALL? WHAT DO YOU SIT ON AND WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND HELPS YOU WITH POSTURE TO PREVENT ACHES AND PAINS?

Thanks for your post Melissa!

CONTRIBUTE. LEARN. SUCCEED.
-Dréa aka "The Blog Master"

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these and now am going to give one a bounce :) thank you so much for the tips & pics!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete