WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN GEL AND ACRYLIC?



KLUCH NEWS - News that's on time with information for you to grab…..


 HOT CONVOS 


 Convo that can come up between nail techs or a client and a nail tech is….WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN GEL AND ACRYLIC?



Well let me help all of us( meaning me, all the nail techs and the clients).

  Gel looks like gel and you need some sort of light to cure it with (UV or LED). Gel does not come in any powder form, ever in life. So why do nail techs tell clients otherwise? Well there are all possible answers but here are my thoughts; they were not taught the difference, cheap, and some just never knew plain and simple.




 So when a client asks the difference not only tell them but show them. Instead of pointing fingers or fussing lets help one another learn and if that still fails and you end you fussing you can check your MSDS.

 Another great convo is MMA… What is MMA? Methyl Methacrylate is an ingredient that was commonly used in "nail porcelains." So there is a lot of talk that there is so much usage of MMA in salons, there maybe usage but how prevalent is it? Well my thoughts are everybody that does nails cant be using it. Just because a client comes to you with some acrylic piled almost touching heaven, have or had a nail fungus, it took a while to soak off and have messed up nails does not SCREAM MMA. Why can't it be that they went to someone who simply did not know what they were doing?

 Well I have seen first hand all of this happen and the product used to create all of these problems was NOT MMA. It was a person not caring what they were doing and the clients didn't care either, they came back. So what was it that nail tech was doing to create these problems?

 let’s see...making the acrylic super thick(long soak off), not sealing the product( creates lifting allowing moisture which causes fungus), improper drill usage(burn lines), pulling off nails and not soaking ( thin nails and trauma to nails). Just to name a few.

 See its not always MMA. 

 Im not saying it isn't used I am saying that it is not always the case although I don't think it is as prevalent as some make it. My thoughts and what I have seen with my own eyes. So, always continue your education.

TIP: SIFT YOUR ACRYLIC POWDER (POLYMER) AND SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.



 Now that is KLUCH news 
that's on time with information for you to grab. 
Got a topic for me to blog about be sure to share.














D.Smith

 Follow on IG @ _d.smith






------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VBP BLOG MASTER CALL TO ACTION: COMMENT BELOW!  WHAT DO YOU TELL  YOUR CLIENTS ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GEL AND ACRYLIC? HAVE YOU SEEN MMA NAILS BEFORE? WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE??

Thanks for your post D.Smith!

CONTRIBUTE. LEARN. SUCCEED.

-Dréa aka "The Blog Master"


3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I learned so much from this post!!! Thanks so much for SHARING!!😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck Yes! You Are on Point!! I'm beyond excited right now! It's so great to meet you Drea. I am a "newbie" to this crazy nail life, I take my Boards this Thursday, but I feel like this career has been taylor-made for me. To stay on topic of your post, I do love both acrylic & gel. My life experience was only acrylics, in fact I had no clue of the gel possibilities until last October, that's mostly due to me living in rural Northern California, we've always been 2-5yrs behind the trends, no joke! I'm leaning toward the builder gel system for it's durability, water resiliance and odorless properties. I've been scouring the www, reading reviews and comparing prices. My questions are these: gel over tips or gel by forms? acrylic first then gel(seems too much work & not necessary)? Is there a great builder that really cures w/led? What specific builders are best. TY, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, I'm glad you liked D's article she does a great job, thanks for contributing to the conversation! VBP is so excited to have a place for questions just like yours. I can share my ideas and experience and I wonder If D Smith or anyone else has more advice and feedback on what they learned works for them. As for me I dont use tips I only sculpt. I do use acrylic on a clients first set if the nail is bitten, and shift them to gel if that's what they want. I love Young Nails Synergy gel, the different viscosities make it easy to find what works best for the nails your working on..

    ReplyDelete