All things NAILZ



Hello, and thank you for the opportunity to submit my experience(s) to your blog.

Being a newbie to this industry has had its challenges, but I’m determined to find my niche and become a permanent fixture in the nail industry.

 A little background about me. As a child, I loved to draw. My mother always told me I should one day become a children’s illustrator. Although I understood her vision, my vision was a bit different. Anyway, I’ve been what is described as a “girly girl” for as long as I can remember, so keeping up with the latest trends was my number one concern as a teenager.

So, at the age of 14, out of necessity from not being allowed to frequent nail salons,
I decided to do my own nails. 
Some glue, false tips and voila! It was a hit. I remember it like it was yesterday. The designs were baby blue and pink dots atop a shiny top coat. Strangers and classmates alike were inquiring about the name and location of my nail technician. My thoughts were “surely these people have to know my nails aren’t professionally done.” I mean, I thought they were good, but not that exceptional. Nevertheless, my classmates disagreed. I had requests for full-sets with designs.

 Now, Jump 14 years later. After doing everything society said I should do to obtain success, I’m back to nails. This road has not been easy and the lessons have been interesting to say the least, but I’m determined to learn, grow and succeed.

At this time, I have all but stopped working my 9-5 office job in pursuit of a career in the nail/beauty industry. 

 So, to those individuals out there that are just getting started 
or may be reluctant to enter into this profession…JUST DO IT! 

It’s never too late to live your dreams. After all, you can’t be successful, unless you try. 


 Next up: My first time working in a 60 hour a week nail salon!


By Jacqueline Glover
IG:  Jackienails4u








------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your Blog Post Jackie! 
VBP BLOG MASTER CALL TO ACTION: 
COMMENT BELOW!  Do you have any advice for Jackie's new adventure? 
What was your start in the industry?

CONTRIBUTE. LEARN. SUCCEED.
-Dréa aka "The Blog Master"


No comments:

Post a Comment